- Capital Improvement Projects
- City road inspections
- Contract administration
- Contract documentation
- Drainage improvements
- Special projects
- Stormwater utility functions
- Traffic control
Projects are monitored for conformity with State and Federal Regulations and professional engineering and surveying practices as set forth in the Florida Statutes. Improvement projects include those funded by Local, State and Federal agencies.
Other services of the department include:
- Act as liaison with Local, State and Federal agencies to coordinate, monitor and administer their projects within the city limits
- City infrastructure mapping
- Review and approve private development projects, including subdivisions and commercial projects for surface water management and water quality compliance with City, State and Federal regulations
The department approves and issues Utility, Right-of-Way, and Driveway permits. The permit authorizes improvements for use of the City’s right-of-ways or other City properties. Engineering also reviews and recommends updates of City Ordinances for compliance with new State and Federal regulations.