Solid Waste Division
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
There is no garbage, recycling or yard waste collection on the following holidays, unless otherwise noted:
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Things to Consider
- The holiday collection schedule is suspended only for that specific holiday date or day as noted above, not the day before or the day after
- There are no holiday make-up days for the collection of residential garbage, recycling or yard waste
- If your collection date falls on a holiday, services will resume on the next regularly scheduled collection day
The Solid Waste Division provides waste management services for Residential and Commercial customers in the incorporated city limits of Fort Pierce.
The mission of the Solid Waste Division is to provide environmentally responsible and cost effective collection, disposal and recycling services. The Solid Waste Division provides waste management service for over 14,000 homes and businesses within City limits. We collect over 47,000 tons of trash each year.
Q. Who do I call for a missed garbage or recycling collection?
A. Call the Customer Service line at 772-467-3794 or email for more information.
In an ongoing effort to reduce the amount of solid waste being disposed at the landfill, Solid Waste has developed and implemented Fort Pierce’s “Do More Blue” recycling initiative. We set an ambitious goal for City residents, businesses and visitors to see more tons diverted from the landfill to productive reuse and to reach Florida's recycling goal of 75 percent by 2020.
Together with the help of all communities, we can build and sustain a better Fort Pierce.
If you have any questions, please contact Solid Waste at 772.467.3794.