Recycling should be a part of everyone's daily routine as Fort Pierce work together to reduce waste and conserve natural resources. With "Do More Blue" single stream recycling families are able to recycle various types of paper, glass, aluminum, cardboard, steel cans and plastic. Just recycle & roll!
The Recycling Process
In an effort to promote and reward choices that lead to a more sustainable future, we encourage families to…Recycle RIGHT!
What is the DO MORE BLUE Recycling Program?
Do More Blue program provides blue recycling carts, making it simple to mix all clean accepted recyclables into one container. Hoisting and lugging those heavy bins full of recyclables are a task of the past. Now you can recycle & roll!
Plastic bags are prohibited and can damage the equipment.
· Junk mail, catalogs and envelopes (no need to shred)
· Shredded personal documents (place in paper bag only)
· Boxes like cereal, pasta, frozen dinners and drink cartons
· Shoe boxes / Cardboard boxes (flattened). Boxes containing Packaging peanuts, Styrofoam or trash will not be collected.
· Newspaper, magazines, shopping ads
· Phone books / Clean paper of all kinds
· Protective paper wrapping on shoes, purses, etc.
· Aluminum, tin and steel
· Aluminum cans, foil & pie tins
· Food cans for things like vegetables and soup
· Metal drink cans - sodas, energy drinks, etc.
· Other beverage cans
· Empty aerosol spray cans
· Aluminum foil and trays
· Metal lids
· Cookie Sheets, pots & pans
· Manual can openers
· All plastics #1 through # 7
· Water/soda bottles
· Detergent & Fabric Softener Bottles
· Soap and shampoo bottles
· Milk and juice jugs
· Butter, sour cream and yogurt tubs
· Syrup, peanut butter & squeezable bottles
**remove water bottle caps before placing in the recycling cart.
· Glass bottles and jars (all colors)
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE:
View a quick reference guide.
· No Plastic Bags
· No Paper Towels or Tissue
· No Bottle Caps
· No Food / Clothing / Shoes
· No Batteries or Hazardous Waste
· No Garden Hoses / Wood
· No Propane or helium tanks
· No shrink Wrap or Styrofoam
· No Yard Waste or Tree Trimmings
· No Electronics or Toys
· No Juice Boxes or Pouches