Suspects in three robberies arrested in 24 hours

Fort Pierce police officers and detectives have arrested and charged three suspects in unrelated robberies in less than 24 hours.

The first arrest was of a 15-year-old boy Wednesday afternoon in connection with an armed robbery that took place May 26 near Avenue A and Melody Lane. A family was held up at knife point that evening and the suspects fled on foot.

Through investigation, Detective Ludmila Quintao was able to identify Robert Porter, 15, of the 1400 block of North 22nd Street, as one of the offenders. A pick-up order subsequently was issued by a judge and Porter was taken into custody late Wednesday. He was charged with one count of armed robbery.

Robbery at Seacoast June 2017

The second arrest of a robbery suspect came Wednesday evening around 9:40 p.m. when officers were dispatched to the 600 block of South 7th Street. A woman there said she had been dropped off by two suspects who had stolen her car. She said she was stopped outside a convenience store at 12th Street and Avenue D when a man jumped in her car, physically attacked her and forced her to drive away. At the 7th Street location where she got out, he forcibly took her keys then drove away in her car.

Upon getting a description of the offender and vehicle, Officer Sam Willson spotted the car in the 500 block of South U.S. Highway 1 and conducted a traffic stop. He arrested Antonio Green, 36, of the 200 block of North 39th Street, charging him with Carjacking and Driving While License Suspended or Revoked. A second man who was in the car with Green was charged with Prohibition against giving false name or false identification by person arrested or lawfully detained.

The third robbery arrest was Thursday morning. At 10:43 a.m., a man went into Seacoast Bank at 1901 South U.S. Highway 1 and wrote a note that indicated he wanted the bank’s money. A teller handed over money and the man ran out of the bank. Officers responded and began searching the area with the assistance of St. Lucie County Sheriffs K9 and helicopter units, as well as the U.S. Marshals Service Task Force. About an hour later, Officer Justin Rahn spotted the suspect attempting to get into a taxi in the 2100 block of South 3rd Street, a few blocks from the bank.

Subsequent investigation identified him as the man who wrote the note. His name is Roger Moore, 33, of the 100 block of South 22nd Street. Moore was charged with robbery. No weapon was found on him.

“We have some of the hardest-working police officers anywhere in Florida, and their outstanding efforts under difficult conditions are a major part of city’s crime reduction success,” said Chief Diane Hobley-Burney. “The removal of these three robbers from our streets would not have happened without their dedication and great teamwork, and I appreciate their exemplary professionalism.”

Media contact:

Ed Cunningham
Public Information Officer
Fort Pierce Police Department
(772) 467-6801