- City Manager
- Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
The City of Fort Pierce's social media platforms are intended to be "family friendly." When applicable, the city uses platform provided content moderation/filtering options to limit foul or obscene content. The City of Fort Pierce does actively monitor the social media platforms used by the city, and will remove inappropriate content as defined below, without prior notice, and as soon as possible. The city shall reserve the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the City of Fort Pierce. This material may include, but is not limited to:
- Comments not related to the original topic, including random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Political endorsements of, or opposition to specific candidates, ballot measures and/or referendums;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale. This includes other online pages or organizations asking for donations;
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party;
- Harassment or content which constitutes and/or facilitates stalking;
- Content which violates the right to privacy;
- Encouragement of violence;
- Repetitive content. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner;
- Comments which may reasonably interfere with, inhibit, or compromise law enforcement investigations, police tactics, police responses to incidents and/or the safety of police staff and officers;
- Sensitive, personal, and otherwise confidential information cannot be shared on any social media platform by staff
- The city does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than city staff.
Denial of Access
Emergency or Non-Emergency Requests for Police Assistance
The posting of requests for police, fire or ambulance assistance, regardless if it is of an emergency or non-emergency nature, is discouraged and will not guarantee a response by the City of Fort Pierce or any emergency service provider. In case of an emergency, or if police assistance is needed, please dial 911. If you wish to report a crime or information relevant to a crime, please call (772) 467-6800.
The provision of direct links should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external sites, their content, or their hosts. The City specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site, whether or not operated by the City. The views and opinions of the authors of documents published on or linked to the City’s social media accounts do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion, policy or position of the City.
The City of Fort Pierce is not responsible for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any offsite materials referenced by or linked through the City’s social media accounts. By using the City’s social networking sites, the user acknowledges and accepts the risk of injury or damage from viewing, hearing, downloading or storing such materials rests entirely with the user and that the City is not responsible for any materials stored on other social networking sites or websites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illegal materials found on other social networking sites or websites.
The City does not endorse any content, viewpoint, products or services linked from its social networking sites and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. The City does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of or endorse any products or service providers listed or linked to its site.
Facebook's Community of Standards
All comments posted to any City of Fort Pierce Facebook site are bound by Facebook’s Community Standards, located at http://www.facebook.com/communitystandards, and the City of Fort Pierce reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Community Standards to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
When applicable, the City of Fort Pierce reserves the right to report any violation of the Twitter Rules, located at https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311 with the intent of Twitter taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action
YouTube Community Guidelines
When applicable, the City of Fort Pierce reserves the right to report any violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines, located at http://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/communityguidelines.html with the intent of YouTube taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
Instagram Community Guidelines
When applicable, the City of Fort Pierce reserves the right to report any violation of the Instagram Community Guidelines, located at https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/ with the intent of Instagram taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
LinkedIn User Agreement
When applicable, the City of Fort Pierce reserves the right to report any violation of the LinkedIn User Agreement, located at https://www.linkedin.com/legal/user-agreement with the intent of LinkedIn taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
Privacy of Children
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. Verifiable consent from a child’s parent or guardian is required before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from a child under age 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under age 13.